No products in the cart.
First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
Course Code: 220099VIC
The Ministerial Order 90 Anaphylaxis Management in Schools sets out clearly what steps schools must, at a minimum, take to ensure the safety of students at risk of anaphylaxis in their care. The approved provider of service must ensure that at all times that while children are being educated and cared for by the service, at least one educator must hold a current approved first aid qualification and have undertaken currently approved anaphylaxis management training. Asthma management training is required by 1 January 2013.
- Legal Aspects of providing First Aid
- Aspects of Infection Control
- Allergies vs anaphylaxis
- Causes and recognition of Anaphylaxis
- Management of Anaphylaxis – Scenario Management
- Administration of Adrenaline Autoinjector
- Develop risk minimisation and management strategies
- Identifying at-risk individuals and developing management plans
- Implementing prevention strategies
- Developing a communication plan to raise awareness
- A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to all successful applicants
- An annual refresher is recommended
4 hours of face-to-face training
There are no prerequisite units. Participants should have numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to level 2 of the National Reporting System.
Progressive assessment throughout the course. Includes the demonstration of practical skills and answering of written/oral questions.
“In addition to their professional obligations, principals and teachers have a legal duty to take reasonable steps to protect students in their charge from the risk of injury that is reasonably foreseeable.”
Independent Schools Victoria Providing Nationally Recognised First Aid Training under the auspices of Safety Training Solution RTO#40590