Course Code: HLTAID009
This nationally accredited course provides participants with the essential skill and knowledge required to perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). It is relevant for people working in education, aged care, sport, outdoor recreation, hospitality, and industry enterprises as well as in the home or other environments. The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends a CPR update every 12 months.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- The legal aspects of providing First Aid
- Aspects of infection control
- Assessing an emergency situation (DRSABCD)
- Perform CPR procedures
- Including the operation of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Airway and breathing management
- CPR Techniques
- First aid management of the unconscious casualty
- Communicate details of the incident
- A nationally- recognised Statement of Attainment will be issued to all successful applicants.
- The qualification will be valid for 1 year
Flexible delivery, 1-day training.
Theory workbook to be completed prior to the training date.
There are no prerequisite units. Participants should have numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to level 2 of the National Reporting System.
Formative assessment throughout the course. This includes the demonstration of practical skills and answering written and oral questions.
“In addition to their professional obligations, principals and teachers have a legal duty to take reasonable steps to protect students in their charge from the risk of injury that is reasonably foreseeable.”
Independent Schools Victoria Providing Nationally Recognised First Aid Training under the auspices of Safety Training Solution RTO#40590